Daily #481! Probably why I don’t have many friends.
hahaha my life
The Brooklyn Cyclones are having a Seinfeld night, and it looks awesome.
The Doll Test
This self hate thing is DEEP
this makes me mad
This is a compilation of doll tests featuring children of many races.
This is so fucking important
Internalized oppression from the mouths of babes.
Team-Building Egg Scavenger Hunt: This activity focuses on enhancing problem-solving, social skills and group cohesion, and is easily adaptable.
- Write up sequential clues for the group to follow and put them into plastic eggs (ex. Look where the tiny people live = in the doll house).
- On the back of each clue, direct them on what they should do before moving on. This could be answering a question, completing a task, etc. You could also include treats in some of the eggs (ex. stickers, candy, etc.)
- Hide the eggs in order around the office. My agency also has a nice outside area that was perfect for this.
- Have the group negotiate and vote on rules (ex. how is it decided who reads the clue?)
- Give each group member a basket (or bag) and provide them with the first egg/clue.
- The whole team must decide where to look together and complete their task, before going to the next location. Everyone’s ideas are discussed and the group negotiates the order of locations they will search.
- Be there to redirect, set limits if needed, and positively reinforce good social skills. I have raffle tickets I give out (here).
- This can also be easily be adapted for an individual session the “tasks” portion of the activity can be used to change the therapeutic focus.
- Not everyone celebrates Easter so it is important to talk to families about this activity beforehand to ensure it is appropriate. Alternatively, you could do a scavenger hunt without the eggs element.
Even though some of the links go directly to the iTunes or Android store, still double check them because most of them are available of both platforms as well as others :)
- 12 Steps AA Companion (iTunes/Android)
- Alura: Cognitive Therapy
- ASK & Prevent Suicide (iTunes/Android)
- Beating the Blues
- Beat Panic
- Beat Social Phobia (iTunes/Android)
- BellyBio Interactive Breathing
- Body Beautiful
- CBT Referee
- Circle of 6
- Cognitive Diary CBT Self-Help
- Cognitive Enhancement Therapy
- Constant Therapy
- Control Alcohol (iTunes/Android)
- DBT Diary Card and Skills Coach
- DBT Self Help
- Depression CBT Self-Help Guide
- Eating D
- eMoods Bipolar Mood Tracker
- Emotions and Feelings - AutismFeelings Book
- Fit Brains
- Focus Trainer
- Happy Habits: Choose Happiness
- HELP Prevent Suicide (iTunes/Android)
- ImQuit – Quit Addiction
- Kissy Project
- Life Mood
- LifeLine Response
- Live Happy
- Mobicip Safe Browser with Parental Control
- Mood and Anxiety Diary
- Mood Panda
- Mood Tracker
- Mood Tracking Journal and Diary
- Mood Watch
- MoodMaster Anti-Depression App
- Moody Me
- My Mood Tracker
- OneHealth Meeting Finder
- OnWatch (iTunes/Android)
- Operation Reach Out (iTunes/Android)
- Overcoming Social Anxiety
- Panic Aid
- Project Toe
- PTSD Coach
- QPR Suicide Crisis Support
- Recovery Box
- Recovery Record
- Rise Up + Recover
- Sad Scale
- SAFE Alternatives
- Safe Helpline
- Safety App
- Safety Plan
- SAM – Self Help for Anxiety Management
- SAS – Social Anxiety Support
- Scientific Brain Training Pro
- Self-Esteem Blackboard
- Self Help Classics
- Sobriety Counter
- Stop Panic & Anxiety Self Help
- Stop Drinking (iTunes/Android)
- Suicide Lifeguard
- T2 Mood Tracker
- Take Control
- Teen Hotlines
- The Now
- This Way Up
- Thought Diary
- Watch Over Me – Personal Safety App
- Way of Life
- Wingman Project
- Worry Box- Anxiety Self Help